Jan 7, 2015

FAQ / Comment Predictions

Not long to go now!   In the meantime, here are a few comments I'm predicting the video will probably receive. [Read: these comments come up on every video!]

Hey,  you left out "my favorite thing!"
Answer #1 - Actually it was there! You must have missed it.
Answer #2 - Sorry 'bout that.  A lot of things don't make it in, or the video would be way too long.
Answer #3 - That thing didn't come out in 98.  This video is based on the year a thing came out.

This video should be called "Remember 1998 in the USA"
My intent is for it to be "Remember 1998 in the English speaking world," but the USA does dominate a lot of English speaking pop culture so I'm not surprised you might think that. I'm not from USA by the way.

So much of this music isn't actually from 1998.
I'm going by the date the singles were released.  Some songs may have already been released on albums or soundtracks previously, and songs that were released late in the year are probably better remembered as part of the following year, but what are you gonna do? It gets complicated. I'm also dealing with things like different release dates in different countries and re-released singles that didn't catch on the first time round. Or I could have just made a mistake. Sorry if that's the case.

The Lion King came out in 1994 you big dummy!
True, but the clip in this video is from the direct to DVD sequel, The Lion King 2 from 1998

Hercules came out in 1997.
True again, but the clip in this video is from the TV series of 1998.

"Other" movie came out a different year.
I might have made a mistake, but hopefully not. Movie release dates are a lot simpler than music release dates, but you still have the issue with different countries.  I usually go with the first English speaking county's release date.

So many feels!
Yep, hopefully. Glad you liked it. I don't really get to experience the rush of seeing it for the first time with fresh eyes unfortunately.

What's the name of the thingy at X minutes?
The full tracklist will be posted over at the remembervideos.blogspot.com website. [Maybe not straight away though.]

Such and such video game was released in Japan three years earlier.
It probably was.  But I'm going by the first release in an English speaking country.

The music in 1998 sucked!
Thank you. Your opinion has been noted if we ever meet in real life.

The music in 1998 was the best!
If you say so. You must hang in different circles to the previous commenter.

So, only a few news events happened and the rest of the year was just music and movies?
This is a pop culture review, not an in depth documentary of everything that took place in 1998. Shallow? maybe. But it is what it is.

There's no way all this came out in one year.

Yeah, a lot more stuff happens in a year than you think, huh!  Actually, even more music, movies, and video games came out than what's shown in the video.

Someone has stolen your video and uploaded it as their own on another Youtube channel!
Yea, that's a bummer. Unfortunately I can't do anything about it as I don't own any of the content in the video anyway. Maybe a few more people will get to enjoy the video that wouldn't have found it otherwise I guess.

Why doesn't this video have "True to Your Heart" and "Take me There" and "The Rugrats movie" and "Mulan." I demand it be so!
Don't panic Harry, you'll just have to wait and see...


So, there you go. I'll See you next post!

4 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing it. 1998 was a good year, especially for video games!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job! you deserve more credit for your work on these. i think you should do 2013 next. its recent and has had time to simmer in our memories.

    ReplyDelete