Aug 18, 2014

The Television of 98

Yep.  I'm still at the researching and downloading content stage.  This time it's TV.



By now, you know the score:
Find out what TV shows debuted this year and download a clip.  Wikipedia comes through again with a thorough list of every show from 98.  I usually try to find a clip of the opening titles to download.  I might find another clip to better represent the show later on, but at this stage I'm effectively coming up with a list using file names.
Quite a few popular shows this year.


The USA pumps out tons of TV shows compared with the rest of the world,  but they've got to be checked too of course.  Turns out 98 was a pretty slim year for new telly shows in other countries.  And the U.S. had loads of shows that only survived for one or two seasons this year.  Might be a few fond, forgotten memories for some people.












As always,  I've discovered some shows that I'd never heard of,  a few that I'd forgotten I loved,  and some that I could've done without remembering.  Here's just a few of interest:





Only miscellaneous and sundry to go as far as research and download goes.  Then I can get started on mixing this bad boy...

3 comments:

  1. Hello ThePeterson I'm interested in what you think of the poll. I think its an outrage that 97 and 02 are in first and second place it obviously does not reflect the sentiment of what year should be made next. So I'm just wandering what you make of it and what the prospects are like for future videos. I'd like too see some new 2000s and I'm alright with mid to late ninetys. videos from 97 and onwards I think are vivid and exciting 94 backwards may do the job well but I would'nt describe as vivid and exciting but whatever its all good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I hear ya. Web polls are pretty flimsy and easily manipulated. I don't buy for a minute that 97 & 02 have that many legitimate votes. The poll gives some sort of idea of what people want to see, but all its telling me right now is that it's fairly even from late 80's up. I don't know what year will be next, just concentrating on 98 right now. Cheers. on The Television of 98

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes im glad you will add charmed in this year! Also if you ever need help i can get clips for shows for you if you have any issues. As for an idea for another year i say try 2000 since that had a lot of high votes in the old poll

      Delete