Jun 13, 2014

it begins...

The first step in making these videos is a shed load of research.  Luckily there's this thing called the internet that really helps with that, particularly a little site called Wikipedia.  And of course I'm very thankful to all the folks who contribute to the RememberVideos website with all their useful information.

However, my research for these projects always starts with old fashioned ink and paper in a book I discovered a few years ago called 'Twentieth Century Pop Culture' by Dan Epstein.


I gotta say, this is a pretty great book! Covering 1900 - 1999. Every year from 1945 onward has at least four pages dedicated to it, full of information and pictures.


This is only the starting point of the research though.  As good as the book is, it only scratches the surface of the content that will eventually end up in the video, but you have to start somewhere and this is a great way to get a thumbnail sketch in my brain of what was going on that year.


So what does the entry for 1998 have to say?  Here's a looky at the first two page spread until the next post.  See ya then!



3 comments:

  1. Great way to start the blog, sir. I personally start making up
    my requests by searching up websites like The People History,
    Infoplease, and HistoryOrb. Then, I look up what I want on
    YouTube to get links and then post them on your blog.

    I really appreciate this and I hope to see more from you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks man. Always helpful getting those links. Appreciate your efforts!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, sir. I hope you got the ones for this year because I think they're really good stuff.

      Delete